Last Friday, Your Next Bite ended the 30-day raw veggie detox with an indulgent feast of steak, seafood, and superb service from the new Capital Grille at the Beverly Center in West Hollywood. From the moment I pulled up, everything felt "taken care of".
First off, the valet is complimentary. Listening to the tenant, I thought it was a joke. I mean FREE VALET in LA?!? where was Ashton? My hand model literally had to poke me out of my 1-minute delirium trying to process how this free valet was possible. Nonetheless, I let it slide and walked inside.
Two gracious hosts attentively greeted us at the foyer, as well as Ron Artest and "Sushi Mike's" personalized wine lockers, among others – fancy that! With the mahogany bar to the left and the classic American steakhouse dining room vibe ahead, the both of us knew we were in for a treat. (Especially when Trevor, our incredible waiter, told us it was NOT a requirement for both of us to order off the dineLA menu $34 – I prefer freedom of speech when it comes to ordering plenty of appetizers and side dishes.)
- ORDER IT, ORDER IT, ORDER IT!: the most indulgent WHOLE Lobster Claw & Crab Cake with Sweet Corn Relish & Housemade spicy dill caper 'n lemon Tartar Sauce $19
- thick 'n creamy, perfectly diced potatoes, could use more celery, clean Clam Chowder (dineLA menu)
- french onion soup in a bowl without the carbs, tangy 'n tamarind-like Bone-in Kona Coffee Crusted Dry Aged Sirloin with Shallot Butter (dineLA menu)
- peppery thick 'n plenty, nutmegy Creamed Spinach (dineLA menu)
- fat, crisp 'n steamed clean Asparagus with lemony Hollandaise Side Dish $10
- the only problem is it's not big enough, chocolate fudgey Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake with Fresh Raspberries (dineLA menu)