The snow has slowed, the sun is up, so go soak in the ocean air at classic Geoffrey's in Malibu since 1948. Usually I reserve this former star-studded Holiday House hotel-turned-restaurant for special occasions, but after a beautiful hot, warm & sunny day like today, consider this weekend your spring forward.
Perched up on a secluded Malibu cliff overhanging the sea-glass sparkling waves, Geoffrey's takes you to a place far far away from LA's smog and traffic. From the cocktails to the food – including their piping hot Rosemary Rolls – and impeccable 5 star service, Geoffrey's is worth the splurge. (And the fact they have 2 of my favorite foods combined into one stupendous dish – Lobster Quiche – how can you go wrong.)
- rich, creamy, tender sweet Lobster Quiche with Tomatoes, Caramelized Onion, Swiss Cheese, Eggs, Lobster Vanilla Sauce & Mixed Greens
- crunchy, spicy Ahi Tuna Tartar with Avocado, Scallions, Ginger, Red Onions, Wonton Crisp & Tobieko Caviar
- market fresh Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds, Pomegranate Seeds, and Blue Cheese
- triple king size Blue Crab Cake Benedict with Toasted Croissant, Rosemary Potatoes, Hollaindaise Sauce & Fresh Fruit
- one of the best ever, seriously creamy Classic Cheesecake with Strawberry Coulis
- moussey, crunchy Chocolate Crunch Torte with Creme Anglaise and Raspberry Coulis
- never thought i'd say this but coulda done without the chocolate bottom Geoffrey's Vanilla Creme Brulee on top a Layer of Dark Chocolate Mousse
Don't forget, when you're making reservations for one of your most memorable brunches yet, to set your clock 1 hour forward.
Follow @GeoffreysMalibu for seasonal menu updates.
27400 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90265. 310.457.1519.