Photos courtesy of Zengo
With 2 holidays around the bend, I thought I'd chip in with 1 Latin-Asian themed restaurant that serves up Cinco de Mayo fare and Mother's Day Brunch. Zengo at the Santa Monica Place mall is the perfect place to enjoy some late night tapas on the open-air roof patio cuddled up next to the fire, or soak in some in some Sunday rays and smell the ocean breeze.
Here's a little sampling of what you can enjoy both holidays. (P.S. Don't miss out on the fat Yucca Fries or the Mango Mimosa.)
The Grubdown - Cinco de Mayo: *Happy Hour Everyday 4-7pm
- Sea of Cortez Bay Scallop Ceviche with Sweet Thai Chili, Peanut, and Avocado
- Carne Asada with Yucca Fries al Mojo, Tempura Onion, and Chipotle Egg Sauce
- Mexican Chocolate-Nutella Panna Cotta with Caramelized Banana, and Salted Miso Cashew Brittle
The Grubdown - Mother's Day *Unlimited Small Plates & Free-Flowing Cocktails
- Beef Tenderloin Benedict with Poached Eggs, Kimchee, and Hollandaise
- Pan Dulce Mexican Sweet Bread, Cinnamon Whipped Cream, and Orange Agave Syrup
- Peking Duck Hash with Poached Egg, Poblanos Rajas, and Plaintains
- Sake Sangria, Mango Mimosa, Lychee Bellini, and Bloody Mary
Salud to your mother!
395 Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica, CA 90401. 310-899-1000