Located right across from famous Hotel Laguna on PCH just up from Laguna's Main Beach, Asada brings hot Mexican Cuisine and cool breezes with their open-air layout. The fam (including the hand model of course) were lucky enough to snag the prime corner booth PCH side this past Labor Day weekend. And even though it rained, the ocean views were worth every sprinkle.
Asada's service is attentive and the atmosphere is clean and modern with white stone hacienda walls and dark woods. The U-shaped Tequila bar offers 50 different Tequilas including Flights for tasting.
- smoky, diced roasted chile, chunky warm & spicy Chips & Salsa (complimentary)
- clean flavors, sweet 'n citrusy Baja Crab & Shrimp Ceviche with Avocado, Serrano, Onion, Cucumber, Tomato & Cilantro ($14)
- surprisingly mild with incredibly tender stewed meat Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup ($5)
- veggies diced too thin, seemed heavier on the beans & kinda-fishy-tasting meat Roasted Vegetable Quesadilla with Added Chicken ($4 extra), Black Beans, Onions, Pepper, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Oaxaca Cheese, Guacamole, and way-too-thick-almost-mayo-like Spicy Crema ($9)
- indulgently delish, creamy sauce that almost tasted like it was flambed with a touch of brandy Chipotle Prawns with Garlic, White Wine, Serrano Cream & Cilantro ($14)
- any steak dish is a must-order 'cuz it's so smoky chargrilled 'n tender, unnecessary thick slices of cheese, Asada Sliced USDA Prime Steak Salad with Roasted Peppers, Tomato, Roasted Corn, Red Onion, Avocado, Oaxaca Cheese, Citrus Vinaigrette & Negra Model Jus ($15)
My absolute favorite bites on the menu were the Complimentary Roasted Salsa, Asada Sliced Steak Salad (minus the thick cheese cuts), and Chipotle Prawns.
Asada's menu is extensive, also featuring Sandwiches, Tortas, Filet Mignon Tacos, Mexican Specialties like Braised Carnitas – even Ninos items like Mini Burritos.
So I'll definitely be going back to try some new flare, and dabble in top three too.
480 S. Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651. 949-715-5533. @AsadaLaguna