A little hapa once told me about a secret vineyard tucked away in the hills of Los Angeles - Malibu Family Wines. 2 weeks later I happily joined the club for free wine tastings, quarterly Semlar & Saddlerock bottle shippings, and exclusive discounts to events held at their breathtaking llama & zebra roamed grounds – like this Sunday's "The Food Event 2011" by Los Angeles Magazine.
From 1-4pm, you can watch chef demonstrations, lap up libations, and mingle with epicurean experts. Here's a list of a few of the participating restaurants.
- Barbrix: Mediterranean inspired dishes by Don Dickman in Silverlake
- Eva Restaurant: Jonathan Gold's elegant Beverly Blvd French meets Japanese fare
- Fonuts: the brand new gluten-free & vegan sweets shop on W. 3rd St. by Waylynn Lucas & Nancy Truman
- Lukshon: Sang Yoon's Southeast Asian cuisine in Culver City
- Osteria La Buca: chef Jason Neroni's Tagliatelle Bolognese from this fine Italian kitchen in Hollywood is to die for
$95 meal tickets are still available here.