Located on the corner of 3rd & Fairfax at the Original Farmers Market in LA, the two tier level burger bar brings a fresh modern feel to the 'ole market. On top is the bar and main restaurant. On bottom lies the the patio & kitchen. And 'round the corner is a walk up window for instant gratification (sorry no alcohol take away).
Last weekend the hand model and I decided to take it to the top. While our party wasn't large enough for the fire & ice booth, we still got to take in beautiful sunset views of the Farmers Market Clock Tower and The Grove backdrop, all trimmed with holiday decorations & twinkling lights to boot.
- gourmet, succulent, vinegary with a pop, Pretzel Pups with Kraut & Grain Mustard on a La Brea Bakery Pretzel Bun $11
- a little too lightly dressed, simple, crunchy, Market Salad with Greens, Persian Cucumber, Radish, Celery, Dill & Champagne Vinaigrette $6
- an interesting choice for a signature burger, but don't get me wrong because it's a Must Order with big earthy flavors, tanginess 'n tenderness, Short Order Burger with Grass Fed Beef, Morbler French Semi-Soft Cheese, Griddled Mushrooms, Bibb Lettuce & Mustardy Mayo $12
- not the secret sauce you're expecting, more spicy horseradish vs. thousand island, Ida's Old School Burger with Grass Fed Beef, Cheddar, Pickles, Tomato, thick-cut Griddled Onion, Iceberg & "Secret Sauce" $11
- rustic, inviting, chewy 'n chunky Nancy's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie $2
Yes the prices are high. But the quality is too. And the portions offer more than plenty to share.
The hand model and I split two Burgers and barely came close to finishing them. The patties are fat (not fattening), the buns are thick cut, and combined they're a lot to wrap your hands 'n mouth around.
Unfortunately, we totally missed out on the Fries ($3). But after our meal there was no room to spare. We can't wait to go back to try the Rafts (open face sandwiches $14-16), Custard Shakes like Coffee Malt ($6), and Weekend Brunch ($4-12, slated for January 2012 opening).
6333 W. 3rd St. Stall #110, Los Angeles, CA 90036. 323-761-7970. @ShortOrderLA