A few weeks ago during dineLA, the hand model, friend, and I had the pleasure of visiting 320 South Wine Bar located at said address on La Brea Ave. If you've ever been to Pourtal in Santa Monica or Ugo in Culver City, 320 South has the same wine tasting dispensers. However, what makes these better is that you don't have to keep adding cash to your card. Instead, 320 tallies it up at the end to your bill.
But enough about the wine. The atmosphere is inviting, the service is impeccable, and the small plates are simple and fresh.
- peppery, snappy, lightly dressed Arugula and Treviao Salad with exquisitely large Shaved Parmesan & Pine Nuts $9
- super creamy, more bountiful and garlicky than usual Burrata with Olive Tapenade & Garlic Confit $13
- a teensy tough in texture, but bacon was spot on with a kick from the spice Tiger Prawns, Bacon, Arugula & Paprika Oil $11
- more rare than I liked, i suggest you order it medium Skillet Steak with decadent & potent Roquefort Butter $16
- thick, icy, creamy Chocolate Gelato Dessert with homemade soulwarming Cinnamon Ginger Cookie
- prominently citrus yet oh so delicious, Marzipan & Orange Peel Petit Four
Besides the Burrata (surprisingly), 320's flavors seemed a little too simple. But then again, I only ordered off the dineLA menu. At least their friendly vibe, superb service, and always fun wine dispensers were enough for me to want to come back and try more intriguing dishes like the Braised Lamb & Goat Cheese Poutine $12.
320 S. La Brea Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036. 323-932-9500.