We all know that, unless you live in the Southbay, trying to get there just isn't worth the hassle. Michelin star Chef David LeFevre of MB Post (Manhattan Beach) has finally given us a reason why: Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits. These warm, crispy, crunchy, cheddar cheesy butterballs of love are really all you need. LA Weekly's Jonathan Gold called them "Palm Sized Orb's with the Gravitational Pull of the Sun" as written on their menu. (And the Fried Chicken & Honey, Pecan Sticky Buns, and Dark & Stormy handcrafted cocktails, don't hurt either.)
To make your Superbowl rematch party complete, up your game by picking up a dozen for $30. After sinking your teeth into one of these babies, you'll wonder why you ever lowered yourself to a bucket of wings and cheesy nacho chips – for that does not a sophisticated Superbowl party make.
- to be enjoyed in its purity, piping hot with slithering Maple Butter, delicately charred cheddar bites, and crispy bacon 'n chive, Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits $5
- while the egg is cooked perfectly, unfortunately the glory of said Biscuit gets lost in the mix, Benedict with Arugula, La Quercia Proscuitto & Hollandaise atop Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuit $13
- elevated, plump 'n juicy, lightly crusted like panko, Truffle Honey Laced Fried Chicken with Kholrabi Slaw $15
- the spiciness prevails, as well as some chewy bits, Meyers Farm 'Never Ever' Steak & Sunny Side Up Egg with Broccolini & Red Chimichurri $16
- if you don't like kale, the vinegary sweetness will turn you on, Turkey Sausage Patty with Sage, Cavolo Nero Kale & Maple $6
I'm already planning my next bite back (it's only been 2 weeks), and you should be planning your next bite there too.
Are you ready for some football?
1142 Manhattan Ave., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266. 310-545-5405. @ChefDeLefevre