This past Memorial Day weekend, Your Next Bite ventured to LA for a nite on the town and some scrumptious new eats with friends. First stop was sbe's Mercato di Vetro in West Hollywood near Dan Tana's.
Walking inside, bold colors of red, white marble tables, black & white pattern floors, and hints of gold shine. Remnants of the previous club still exist with open 2nd floor and new central wine bar leading up to it. After being seated, we were immediately asked for drink orders. And the service, like the food, was impeccable throughout.
- best dish agreed upon all around, superb combination of sweet 'n savory with a touch of acid, and bread that's perfectly pillowy 'n crunchy, Blackberry & Bacon, Ricotta, Parmesan & Arugula Pizza $14
- bitter but in a good way, matched by tangy cheese (ask for the spicy red sauce on the side!), Kale & Pecorino Romano Pizza $13
- the breading was light 'n crisp, but i don't really remember the meat, Fried Olives with Italian Sausage & Aioli $4
- enough to almost make you full, hearty, meaty, a different texture with every bite, Hen of Wood Mushrooms with Aioli & Parmesan $7
- sweet 'n saucy with a light char and bitter greens to balance it out, Tomato Brulee with Pesto $6
- creamy, warm 'n plump, perfectly soft 'n crisp, confusing though because it's more of a Crostini than a Salad, Burrata & Roasted Grapes Salad with Brown Butter & Balsamic $12
- i didn't have a bite, but it was a repeat order from our friends, Hamachi, Blood Orange, Pickled Shallots & Basil $12
- looove the unique edition of Nicoise Olives giving this hearty pasta a briny kick, Lamb Bolognese with Pappardelle & Ricotta $15
- al dente style, simply buttery 'n spicy with a cheesy crunch, Cacio e Pepe with Truffle, Pecorino Romano & Cracked Pepper $14
I will definitely be returning, as for once, the portions finally meet the prices at an upscale, modern restaurant. Don't get me wrong, they're not "family style" size, but our party of 4 was almost unable to finish the 9 plates we shared.
Make sure to get a reservation because this place fills up fast as the night goes on.
Bonus: You can still catch a late meal around 11pm.