Watermarc Restaurant, nestled right on Laguna Beach's prime strip of PCH, is the perfect place to kick your average 4th of July Hot Dog & Burger meal up a notch. With street level & rooftop views, the atmosphere is great for people & Peppertree Lane watching.
Chef Marc Cohen – hence the "c" in Watermarc, and also owner of 230 Forest Avenue & Opah Restaurant – features a menu with 26 tapas style "Grazing Plates", Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner artful entrees, and cleverly labeled cocktails from "Up" to "Muddled".
Even though they're choosing to forego the regular 4-6pm Happy Hour because of the holiday, here's what to order to keep you full without breaking the bank.
- super filling, plump, fat, snappy 'n juicy, Kobe Hot Dog "New York style" with Sauerkraut & Housemade Dijon Mustard, on their secret bakery Brioche & Pretzel Sprinkled Roll $12
- silky, simple, divine broth that could be served with any veg, side of Seasonal Vegetables with Purple, Orange, & White Cauliflower, Yellow Squash, Zucchini and Shaved Asparagus in a Shallot, Garlic & Butter Broth (free with entree)
- creative with corn two ways, paprika pops, wish there was more crab, Sweet Corn & Crab Chowder with Housemade Old-Bay Popcorn $8
- dare i say, i think these were better than my Cobras & Matadors crush thanks to the tangy 'n sweet Brown Sugar-Balsamic Reduction, Smoked Bacon Wrapped Dates with Almonds $8
- crisp Fresh Bread with cheesy & oniony Housemade Gorgonzola, Red Wine & Fresh Herbed Butter (complimentary)
- fetching & beckoning with two of my favorite things, Blueberry-Coconut Mojito with fresh Muddled Blueberries & Mint, and Coconut Rum $10
- not as dark as i like it, still fizzy & fresh, Dark & Stormy with Dark Rum, Lime Juice & Housemade Ginger Beer $11
Grand lunch total for two: $52. Considering the hand model and I ate quality ingredients and ordered two cocktails, we left feeling full 'n satisfied.
If you can, I highly recommend Anthony as your waiter. He offered great suggestions (like turning the Kobe Dog upside down inside the bun, so the Sauerkraut wouldn't fall out) and a bubbly personality.
Happy Birthday America!
448 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651. 949-376-6272.