Now that I've replaced The Grove with Fashion Island as my backyard, I've been discovering lots of new biteries, naturally. Great Maple, situated between 2 of my favorite things (Nordi's and Leffe Macaroons), boasts "seasonal produce, responsible seafood, and farm fresh meats." While this is great, how is it possible their website fails to mention perhaps their biggest selling point yet? That's where I come in.
Everyday – including weekends! – Great Maple offers a fantastic Happy Hour menu from 3:30 to 6:30pm. There are 7 different appetizers to choose from like Salads, Sliders and Tacos, each at $4 a piece. But wait, there's more. Beer lovers can buy 16 0z Draught Beers (like Big Eye IPA) for $4, or upgrade to the 24 oz size at NO EXTRA CHARGE (this is unheard of). Oenophiles – House wines are also $4 a glass.
The Grubdown: (Lucky for you, I almost tried them all.)
- the best thing on the menu & one of the best i've ever had, crispy outside, tender flaky inside, cool 'n refreshing, Great Maple Fish Taco with Chopped Cabbage, Avocado, Tomato & White Sauce wrapped in 2 Soft Flour Tortillas $4
- order this too and you'll be solid, crisp, traditional anchovy bite, Mini Caesar Salad with Shredded Parmesan Cheese & Sourdough Croutons $4
- some were overcooked, but the flavor is spot on leaving you fighting over the Truffle Salt bits at the bottom, Truffle Pomme Frites $4
- love the sweet Brioche Bun, but misses the mark & true deli flavor as a mini, BLT Sliders with Applewood Smoked Bacon, Leaf Lettuce & Mayo $4
- this one doesn't need the bun, save your carbs and just dip the meat in the warm fresh pureed sauce, Meatball Sliders with Mozzarella and Tomato Sauce $4
- i call it the teaser plate, Mini Brie Cheese Board with Garlic Spread, Sliced Red Grapes & Crusty Bread $4
I have yet to eat here for a full meal since they're 7-days-a-week Happy Hour is just too enticing. Enjoy this great deal while it lasts, 'cuz it's almost too good to be true.
1133 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660. 949-706-8282.