It's that time again for the 24th annual Taste of Newport food & music festival in Newport Beach, OC. This evening event shuts down a quarter of the circle surrounding Fashion Island and turns it into one major street party.
Children under 8 get in FREE, and special VIP passes can be purchased for entertainment like Andy Grammar (Friday night), Blondie & DEVO (Saturday night), and Roger Hodgson of Supertramp (Sunday night).
$25 will get you in, but to try the 30+ restaurants and 15 wineries you'll need to purchase an eScrip card (plan on forking over an extra $40 per person for food & beverage for the night). Here's a sampling of what's offered.
- Avalon Grille in Catalina Island (indulge in Duck Confit Sliders on a Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with Apple Slaw & Fig Mostarda)
- Casey's Cupcakes (taste the last of summer with Smokin' Smores Cupcake)
- Fit Foods 4 Life (balance it all out with the Kale & Quinoa, Shredded Carrot, Red Cabbage, Chickpea, and Golden Raisin Salad with Light Raspberry Vinaigrette)
- Kitayama (you can't go wrong with with a Spicy Lobster or Spicy Tuna Roll)
- Le Pain Quotidien (do as the Parisians do with an authentic Smoked Salmon Tartine on Organic Bread with Chopped Dill & Creme Fraiche)
- Pizzeria Mozza (mangia the Butterscotch Budino with Maldon Sea Salt, Rosemary & Pine Nut Cookies)
- Tamarind of London (get more bang for your buck with the Garlic Chili Chicken & Naan)
Buy your tickets before Friday and you'll get $3 off the admission price (that's right, $22).
600 Newport Center Dr., Newport Beach, CA 92660. 949-729-4400.