Indulge too much this past Thanksgiving? Let's not forget about all those leftovers you ate daily and the cocktails you overdid it with friends and family. Not to worry, because Momed (text speak for Modern Mediterranean) has come to the rescue with seasonal, local, organic ingredients.
Step inside and you're surrounded by a white canvas of pristine white tile, tables, and deli cases chock full of mouthwatering colorful Dips, Salads, Tagines, and Turkish Pide Flatbreads. The menu boasts dishes from Athens to Istanbul and Marrakech with wine & beer to back it up.
Whether you're stopping in to pick up Breakfast or Lunch, or settling down for supper, here's what to order.
- rich, creamy, and thick Tzatziki Dip with Cucumber & Yogurt
- tastes just like guacamole but with a bean paste texture, Avocado Hummus Dip with Avocados, Tahini, Garlic & Cumin
- cool contrast to the hot chili bite, Persian Cucumbers with Chili & Poppy Seeds
- crisp veggies but dressing was too bland 'n simple, Daily Special Root Salad with Fennel, Carrots, Beets, Potatoes & Dill
- my favorite, must-order, got gobbled down in seconds, spicy, nutty, hint of sweetness, Muhammara Dip with Roasted Red Pepper, Walnuts & Pomegranate
- roasty toasty flavor, not too mushy because the pieces are large, Spicy Oven Roasted Eggplant Dip with Tahini & Urfa Chile
- tender meat but after all those yummy dips it seemed dry and needed more sauce, Duck "Shawarma" with Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Fig, Garlic Spread & Momo Chips $17
Deli Dip & Salad single servings cost $4.50-$5 for small, $6-$8 for medium, and $12-$15 for large. Do like our group of 5 did and split a couple trio plates for $13.50-$15. (Pitas costs $2.)
Momed's menu offers so much more, like Saganaki Mezze "Small Plates", Lamburgers, Market Fish, Cardamom Carrot Cake – even a kids menu. Their beverages are substantial too with Russian River California Pinots, Lebanese red blends, a few craft brews like Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale, and Turkish Hammam Tea.
You know I'll be returning, detox or not.
233 S Beverly Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90212. 310-270-4444.