If you haven't visited Billy's At The Beach, then you haven't truly been to Newport. A local favorite, Billy's is known for outstanding happy hour Mai Tai's on the patio, sunset Hawaiian dinners overlooking the bay, and buffet style game days with everything from complimentary Chips & Salsa to Hot Dogs.
Step inside and you're immediately transported to the tropics. Soak up the sun after docking your Duffy complimentary, sip a cocktail from their signature "boobies" glassware, cool off under the swaying palm leaf ceiling fan, and lounge to the live Hawaiian band.
This Sunday, they're kicking off the 2013 Superbowl with a game prize raffle, HDTVs, and a special Superbowl Pupu Menu:
- Sizzling Poke Platter
- Shrimp Scampi with Garlic Bread
- Ahi Tartar Wonton Tacos
- Artichoke Jalapeno Dip with Homemade Corn Chips
- Hot Wings with Celery & Ranch Dressing
- Pupu Platter for One: "Cho Cho" Teriyaki Grilled Beef Tenderloin Skewers, Coconut Shrimp, Crab Cakes, Blackened Seared Ahi, and BBQ Pork Ribs
- their regular Lunch Menu...which brings me to my point
Last weekend, while the rain was coming down and the clouds were about to part, the hand model 'n I couldn't help resist a bowl of Chowder and a Mai Tai. So we found the best of both worlds at Billy's.
- Goldilocks' dream, not too thin, not too thick, but just right, abundance of clean tender clams, New England Clam Chowder with Celery, Potato & Sweet Hawaiian Bread Croutons $8
- light, tangy, crisp 'n creamy Billy's House Salad with Romaine, Mixed Greens, Red & Napa Cabbage, Bermuda Onion, Mushrooms, Hearts of Palm & Housemade Balsamic Dressing $8
- small portions, white 'n flakey, spongey not crisp Hawaiian Ono Fish & Chips with homemade Pacifico Beer Batter and Tartar Sauce $15
- love the sesame crunch and creamy dijon sauce, wish there was something sweet, Black Sesame Crusted Seared Yellowfin Ahi with Black Sesame Seeds, Beurre Blanc & Dijon Soy Sauces $16
Aloha, and may the best team (49ers) win.
2751 W. Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA 92663. 949-722-1100.