I first stumbled upon CdM Wine Gallery on a hospitality Christmas walk a few years back. The place was packed, the wine was flowing, merry music was playing, and everyone seemed to know each others name. I immediately fell in love with the layout – a great table at the front window, a long bar in the center, wine crates stocked with bottles to the right, and woods & stone mixed throughout.
Fast forward and not much has changed – except for hip bands like "Cut Copy" playing on their iPhone stereo and a menu fit for foodies.
While limited, the Food List still manages to offer something from every major food group – Tapas, Salads, and Salmon. Each plate is crafted with surprisingly fresh, seasonal & artisanal ingredients that are simple and well balanced.
Regarding the Wine List, take advantage of their Sunday thru Thursday Happy Hour specials. Although, I think their Three-glass Wine Flight deal is best with hefty pours for $25. Oenophiles can sign up for monthly memberships at Reserve ($50) and Collectors ($100) Club levels.
- i order it every time, not always listed so make sure to ask, creamy, rustic Burrata Salad with Seasonal Tomatoes (Cherry, Tri Colore Heirloom, etc), Olive Oil & Balsamic Drizzle, Basil & freshly Cracked Pepper
- another must-order, bold woodsy flavor, thick 'n meaty Roasted Shiitake Mushroom Flatbread with Fresh Mozzarella, Crumbled Seared Goat Cheese, Basil & Truffle Oil $15
- the best of the Sliders, super juicy 'n packs a lotta punch, 2 Beef Sliders with sharp Vermont Cheddar, salty Pancetta, White Truffle Ketchup & Kettle Chips $8
- tender meat, crisp pressed Tortilla with an array of dips you'll wanna slather all over, Roasted Tri-Tip Quesadilla with Manchego, Vermont Cheddar & Smoked Mozzarella Cheeses, and Guacamole, Tomatillo Salsa, Chimichurri & Cilantro Cream Sauces $12
- Salmon serving was small and unfortunately a little dry, but I enjoyed the Herb Crust, Rosemary & Dill Salmon atop Spinach, Arugula, Radicchio & Green Apple Salad $18
- like mama used to make, Four Grilled Cheese Sandwich on Sourdough with light 'n fresh House Made Tomato Soup $10
Do yourself a favor and split at least 3 to 4 dishes, even if you're a table for two.
The last few times I've visited, I've ventured off the beaten path, ordering Meatballs and Short Rib Sliders, yet I always manage to get one of their irresistible Mushroom Dishes.
Vegetarian or not, the Assorted Mushroom Arugula Salad is Wild! It's not too oily or vinegary, but perfectly balanced and super filling.
See ya there!
2411 E. Coast Highway, Suite 250, Corona del Mar, CA 92625. 949-675-3410.