Ladies & gentleman, the search is over. There's a reason why Bubba Sweets was named Food Network's Cupcake Wars Champion. They're moist, fluffy, creatively flavored, and don't feel like a sugar bomb that lingers long in your stomach.
I first tried Bubba Sweets at my cousin's wedding two weeks ago. She liked 'em so much, she's been back every day since. Unfortunately for me, all the food, fun, and champagne from that night clouded my memory. So I had to go back for a second taste (with my cousin, of course.)
- star of the show, glisteningly moist with a salty sweet surprise, PMS Cure Cupcake with Hershey Chocolate Cake, Caramel Buttercream Frosting, then filled & topped with Sea Salt Caramel $3
- light 'n fluffy, tastes like a sugar cookie with crystal crunchies, Son of A Biscuit Cupcake with Vanilla Cake, choice of Vanilla Cream Cheese or Buttercream Frosting & colored Sprinkles $3
- strawberry kissed, velvety jelly filling that's not too tart, Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake with Strawberry Vanilla Cake, Strawberry Puree Filling, Vanilla Strawberry Swiss Buttercream Frosting & a Strawberry on top $3
- hard candy bar-like outside, spongey inside, Some More Cupcake with Hershey Chocolate Cake, Marshmallow Filling & top that's Chocolate covered & Cinnamon Graham Cracker dusted $3
- amazeballs, packs quite a punch for its small size, Coconut Cake Pop with Coconut Buttercream Frosting and soft Coconut Flakes $1.50
The second time around, I couldn't help but wonder how each bite was soooooo glisteningly moist. BUTTER! (How else can you explain the fact they tasted just as fresh 2 days later?)
Bite Advice: Don't think twice, don't try to find out nutrition facts, just appreciate the best cupcake – and proven winner – you'll ever encounter (unlike the other popular brand gone mainstream).
16479 Bolsa Chica St., Huntington Beach, CA 92649. 714-840-8200.