Even though SeaLegs Wine Bar is located by Surf City's seashore (a.k.a. Huntington Beach), upon dining you can't help but feel like you've been transported to LA.
Strip mall aside, the place is popping with a lively crowd, cool tunes, natural warm woods, sexy candlelight, chichi chandeliers – even a cheeky Moet lifesaver in the ladies powder room.
Executive Chef Alexander Dale mans the boat with locally sourced New England meets Cal-Italian fare, and a menu worthy of his two-year title,"Best California Cuisine", from the Golden Foodie Awards.
- must order, everything in one, salty, sweet, pungent, earthy 'n peppery, Pig and Fig Flatbread with Papaya Gastrique, Proscuitto, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Figs, Caramelized Onion, Bleu Cheese, Mozzarella & Arugula on Grilled Flatbread $14
- sounded like heaven with all my favorite foods, sadly it was bland and could use some seafood broth 'n spice, Pumpkin Coconut Curry Jumbo Lump Crab Bisque with Micro Cilantro & Sour Cream $12
- overdressed but I like bitter greens this way now, Pumpkin Seeds add a buttery roasted element, Baby Kale Caesar with Grilled Lime Caesar Dressing, Shaved Parmigiano, Pumpkin Seeds & Housemade Croutons $12
- more about the pungent cream cheesiness than the truffle, Truffle Mac & Cheese with Truffle Oil, Panko Bread Crumb Topping & White Cheddar $12
- another favorite, perfectly smoked meat that's hot 'n juicy, Charred Filet Medallions with Pickled Onions & Red Wine Demi Glace on soft pillowy Buns $16
- beautiful but disappointing, overpoweringly sour, acidic garlic sauce, Pan Seared Dry U-10 Diver Scallops over Spaghetti Squash, Roasted Rainbow Cauliflower, Grape Tomatoes & Blood Orange Beurre Blanc $28
- hearty, fatty, woodsy 'n sweet blend, Chipotle Stout Braised Short Ribs over Grilled Butternut Squash Polenta Cake, Candied Rainbow Carrots & Shallot Rings with Chipotle Stout Reduction Sauce $24
- a pumpkin lover's birthday cake fantasy, La Citrouille Dessert, Pumpkin Pie Filling layered between White Sponge Cake and topped with Whipped Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream & Candied Walnuts $10
SeaLegs is the perfect place to jump ship and escape the fam during the holidays, or to treat your out-of-town mates with $5 wines & shared plates during Happy Hour, Mon-Fri from 4-6pm.
21022 Beach Blvd. #105, Huntington Beach, CA 92648. 714-536-5700.