Contrary to popular belief, Eat Chow is not a Chinese restaurant. Rather, it's a hip eatery with a retro vibe, and all sorts of "New American" meets Tex-Mex cuisine to chow down on.
There are two locations, one in Costa Mesa, and the other tucked behind the famous Spaghetti Bender off PCH in Newport Beach. They serve Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Intelligentsia Coffee, Craft Beers, and Wines from the Russian River to Italy.
The hand model and I were able to snag a table during Newport Beach Restaurant Week, and got a whole lotta food for a good price (3-course Lunch for $20pp). And kudos to the chef who selected the menu. It just so happened to have everything I'd typically order from a restaurant and more – like a healthy salad, a splittable sandwich, and sinful sides & sweets to share.
- tangy, crunchy Cornmeal, spicy 'n fresh, Fried Green Tomatoes with Chili Herb Aioli
- perfect ratio of Truffle vs. Parmesan without being overbearing, Truffle Parmesan Fries with chopped Parsley & Chives
- lightly tossed, not coated Chicken with Curry that's too subtle so ask for an extra side of dressing, Warm Curry Chicken Salad with Cardamom Roasted Chicken, Cucumbers, fresh Basil & Cilantro, Green Onion, Toasted Almonds, Goat Cheese, Dried Cranberries, Crispy Curry Onions & Curry Vinaigrette
- sexy tender honey meat with house-made BBQ, overly creamy, Bajio Style BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with Sweet and Spicy Slaw Whole Grain Mustard Aioli & Manchego Cheese on a pillowey soft Brioche Bun
- warm, ooey gooey, tastes like home, Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with fresh Caramel Sauce, Whipped Cream & Powdered Sugar
- zesty, tart, flakey, dry, Lemon Cookie Cake with house-made Lemon Curd, Lime Zest & fresh Raspberries
Overall, the hand model and I left satisfied and excited to return. The service was friendly and fast, and the menu offered something for everyone.
While perusing the regular (non-restaurant week) menu, we had to keep ourselves from drooling over mouthwatering dishes like Cheesy Tots with Five Cheese Fondue & Bacon, a Braised Short Rib Sloppy Joe, and Steamed Clams with Pancetta.
Cheers to next time, and Chow down!
211 62nd St., Newport Beach, CA 92663. 949-423-7080.