They say, "April showers bring May flowers." And, since April is almost over, I thought it'd be best to discuss one of my favorite fireside spots, Jimmy's Famous American Tavern in Dana Point.
Jimmy's has a great indoor/outdoor feel with lots of seating options. Step inside and you're greeted by the great bar with a light larger-than-life backlit letters spelling out "Famous" on the side wall. Towards the back, the windows roll up to let the fresh ocean air in table-side. My favorite part is the red cushion lounge right by the open fireplace. You can see through it and catch a glimpse, if you're lucky, of the harbor.
The ambiance is loud 'n lively, and the food is classic, American comfort style.
- what they're known for, crispy buttery crunchy, Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Thyme Gravy & Green Beans $19
- big, bold 'n bursting with sweet 'n spicy flavor, Jimmy's Burger with Applewood Smoked Bacon, Spicy Jalapeno Jam, Southern Pimento Cheese & Fries $18
- spicy sauce meets bold dark gravy, Buffalo BBQ Style Meatballs with Spicy Wing Sauce & Honey-Garlic Ranch $13
- crisp sear with tender inside, BBQ Spice Crusted Salmon with Creamed Corn, Green Beans, Bacon & Crispy Onions $24
- floral, fresh, citrus 'n berry, Trade Winds Cocktail with Hanger 1 Mandarin Blossom, St. Germain, Blueberry, fresh Lemon Juice $13
Jimmy's definitely delivered on their trademark dishes and more. Rain or shine, it's a hot spot to be, complete with Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 3:00pm-6:00pm.
25001 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, CA, 92629. 949-388-8900.