If you're not going to Coachella this weekend, you've still got another reason to celebrate. This Saturday is National Eggs Benedict Day.
A traditional Eggs Benedict is comprised of a Poached Egg smothered in Hollandaise sauce, then layered with Canadian Bacon or Ham, and placed atop a halved English Muffin.
Today, there are many different versions, substituting the English Muffin for Smoked Salmon, Lobster, Crab Cakes – even Pancakes.
So brunchers, here's a list of some of my favorite places to enjoy one of my favorite indulgent breakfast treats, from LA to OC and Palm Springs.
3 Square Cafe – Venice, CA
- a beautiful thing happens when the spicy Tomato Spread meets the sweet Brioche Bun, Caprese Benedict with Romesco, Heirloom Tomatoes, Burrata, Basil, Two perfectly Poached Eggs & Hollandaise
Geoffreys – Malibu, CA
- triple king size Blue Crab Cake Benedict with Toasted Croissant, Rosemary Potatoes, Hollandaise Sauce & Fresh Fruit
MB Post – Manhattan Beach, CA
- egg is cooked perfectly, unfortunately the glory of the Biscuit gets lost in the mix, Benedict with Arugula, La Quercia Proscuitto & Hollandaise atop Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuit
Norma's – The Parker Hotel in Palm Springs, CA
- make this a 2-fer by taking the Pancake off and asking for their bottle-me-up-good Citrus laced Blueberry Jam, Norma's Eggs Benedict with Canadian Bacon & Grilled Asparagus atop Buttermilk Pancakes
Provenance – Newport Beach, CA
- Housemade Whiskey and Brown Sugar-Cured Wild Salmon Gravadlax on Housemade English Muffin with Poached Farm Eggs, Dilled Hollandaise & Fried Capers
The Ritz Restaurant – Newport Beach, CA
- has it all, tender, buttery 'n toasted to perfection, Lobster Benedict with Thai Basil Bearnaise & Caviar on Brioche