This past week Your Next Bite celebrated 8 years of blogging the best of what I ate – from fine dining to food trucks across Los Angeles, Orange County, and wherever the hand model & I traveled.
So to commemorate the occasion, here's a list of the Top 8 Bites from each year.
2010 - Cobras & Matadors, sadly no longer in Los Angeles and quite possibly my favorite restaurant of all time
- last meal on earth good, Bacon Wrapped Dates with Blue Cheese, Almonds & Port Wine on a bed of Proscuitto $10
2011 - D'Amores Pizza, Los Angeles
- thin 'n juicy, cheesy 'n spicy, runs down your chin in a good way, Large Pepperoni Neopolitan Thin-style Crust Pizza $21.95
2012 - Loteria Grill, Los Angeles' Original Farmers Market
- must order, savory, succulent shredded meat that's juicy in every bite, Carne Deshebrada Tacos with Fresh Guacamole, Salsa Chipotle, and finely Chopped White Onion & Cilantro
2013 - Juliette Kitchen & Bar, Newport Beach, Orange County
- genius, healthy whole grain substitute for arborio rice, milky smooth, soft 'n creamy, just needed a touch more cheese, Farro Risotto with Baby Squash, Trumpet Mushrooms, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes & Herbs $11
2014 - Haute Cakes Caffe, Costa Mesa, Orange County
- bursting with citrus zest, warm 'n fluffy, Orange Ricotta Haute Cakes topped with Mixed Berries $10.50
2015 - Mercado, Santa Monica, Los Angeles County
- hits the spot, velvety 'n spicy with a red salsa that perfectly complements adding acid & smoke, Choriqueso Dip with Melted Cotija, Parmesan, Oaxaca Cheese, House Chorizo, Poblanos, Mushrooms & Fresh Chips $7
2016 - Vaca, Costa Mesa, Orange County
- the best thing on the menu, authentic, creamy, smokey 'n sweet, La Bola crispy Potato Balls with Ground Beef, Aioli & Spicy Tomato Sauce $9
2017 - Mr. G's Bistro, Balboa Island, Orange County
- melts in your mouth, very rich, Tagliatelle with Lump Crab, Sea Urchin, Calabrian Chili, Lemon & Pecorino $28
I'm not surprised that half the dishes I liked best were upscale Mexican and Spanish Tapas, especially living in Southern California.
What will be the best dish of 2018? I guess you'll have to wait and see.