Breaking news. The famed SoCal comfort food deli, Lemonade, finally made its way down from LA to Fashion Island in Newport Beach. If you're a Gemini or just indecisive, then this is the place for you.
Walk inside the lemon yellow & white futuristic space age spot, and you're greeted by 8 food & drink stations: Marketplace, Tossed Salads, Land & Sea, Sandwiches, Braises, Market Soups, Desserts, and of course Lemonades. As if that wasn't enough, each station contains at least 8 options galore.
The first time you go, make sure you're not in a hurry. You'll need extra time to peruse each menu item, take in the free samples, and wipe your drool up off the floor.
Which brings us to reason #2.
Mark your calendars because the Get Stoked Film Tour is launching it's snow division Thursday October 10th, at Edward's Big Newport Cinema. It's the perfect place to whet your appetite for winter, and get two ski & snowboard film screenings for the price of one. Check out both Level 1 Production's "Partly Cloudy" and Mountain High's "Woodworth" at either 6:00pm or 8:30pm.
- 1 General Admission Ticket includes Anytime 2-for-1 Mountain High Lift Ticket, Complimentary 1-year Subscription to Freeskier or Snowboard Magazine, and a Clif Bar $16.50
- 1 VIP Ticket includes everything above PLUS 1 Beer or Wine Voucher $20.00
Here's what to order at Lemonade beforehand to warm you up for the epic ride.
- OMG best thing on the menu, spicy 'n sweet, falls right apart, Red Miso Beef Short Rib 1/2 Braise $6
- strangely buttery tomato cheese pizza flavor, missed the noodles, not as tender, Beef Stroganoff 1/2 Braise $6
- crunchy 'n crumbly healthy dessert substitute, Grilled Peach with Goat Cheese & Thyme
- inventive, beautiful balance of sweet 'n soy, Watermelon Radish with Ahi Tuna, Snap Peas, Black Sesame & Ginger $2.75
- woodsy 'n plump with faint Truffle and fresh Parsley, Israeli Couscous with Wild Mushrooms, Parmesan & Lemon Truffle $2.75
- vinegar is overpowering, Brussel Sprouts with Sherry & shaved Parmesan $2.75
- strong acid & bitterness works with the nuttiness, Soba Noodles with Kimchi marinated Vegetables & toasted Peanuts $2.75
- like birthday cake on crack, Strawberry Lemonade Cake with Lemon Icing, Strawberry Jam, and White Chocolate & Peppermint Candies $5
- mellow in a good way with faint herbal taste, Watermelon Rosemary Lemonade $3
Best buys were the Red Miso Beef Short Rib Stew, Ahi Tuna Salad, and Israeli Couscous & Mushroom Salad.
By the end of the night you'll be stoked on a good meal and a great snow season to come.