From Amsterdam to San Francisco and finally LA, Supperclub surprises with sweet Crab Amuse-bouche, succulent Short Ribs, and more. Your Next Bite was lucky enough to visit last Saturday for Jenn Laskey of RedLight Promotions "Japan Arigato" dinner-sumo-geisha-ceiling dancer show.
For $75, the hand model and I got to enjoy a 4-course meal lounging on oversized white linen bed-like cushions. (I have to admit, I felt a little bit like a kid at grown-up camp). Then when the clock struck 10 and dinner & dessert were done, the DJ danceclub began and the entertainment continued. (We hadn't had this much fun since Miami circa 2007.)
Here's a list of what Executive Chef Guus Wickenhagen served up. Next up: Morocco 8/2-15 and Spain 8/16-29.
- complimentary Peach Schnapps & Vodka shot
- complimentary fresh, citrusy sweet Crab Salad Amuse-bouche with Ginger, Green Onion, Cilantro, and Tobiko
- fresh Ahi palette atop Seaweed Salad with cool Wasabi, smoky Soy, and Ginger Aioli-like Dipping Sauces
- super light broth with somewhat tough Chicken Green Curry Soup
- some of the best, succulent, not fatty at all Short Rib with it-doesn't-really-matter-what-else-cuz the-meat-rocked-the-plate (ok fine, julienned Zucchini, chopped Red Pepper, Cilantro & Soba Noodles)
- indulgent, tangy, sticky 'n sweet Apricot? Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream and chopped Apple
The Crab Amuse-bouche, Ahi + Dipping Sauces, and Short Rib main course were the best part. The cocktails weren't stiff enough for the price. And the portions were the perfect size to keep your tummy satisfied and your body rockin' on the dance floor.
I definitely recommend Supperclub for Your Next Birthday or just plain 'old Night Out. Just make sure you don't skip dinner, otherwise you'll be stuck in line past midnight.
6675 hollywood boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028. 323-466-1900 @Supperclub_LA