Spring is here and Strawberries are in bloom, so why not pay them a visit at the delightful Wild Strawberry Cafe. Blink and you might miss this sweet spot, located in the Design Center Plaza near Muldoon's and Edwards Big Newport Theater.
Walk inside and the strip-mall area melts away like the Nutella in their velvety Latte. I visited the cafe for the first time last week, right after I had to cancel my trip to Paris (thank you ridiculous fuel prices). Ironically, I couldn't help but feel transported to France upon entering.
The place is adorned with crystal chandeliers, fresh flowers, charming furniture, sounds of Edith Piaf – even a real French Poodle at the door. The deli salads are beautiful, the pastries are beckoning, and the complimentary beverage jar with mason jar glasses are inviting.
- crunchy, tangy, addicting Quinoa Salad with Toasted Almonds, Dried Cranberries, Green Onions & Orange Dressing $5.95 sm (pictured on left)
- refreshing 'n sweet, makes me want to sprinkle Dates onto more things, Kale Power Salad with Strawberries, Fresh Parmesan, Apples, Dates & Lemon Thyme Dressing $6.95 sm (pictured on right)
- like a pesto pizza with crispy edges but fluffier, Mediterranean Crepe with Spinach, Artichokes, sour Tomatoes, Feta & Pesto $11.95
- brilliant, like a Mocha but with Hazelnut Chocolate genius instead, Nutella Latte $4.25 sm
- heavy on the vinegar 'n salt, served chopped style, Antioxidant Salad with Red & Green Cabbage, Broccoli, Carrots, Kalamata Olives and Balsamic Vinaigrette $4.95 sm
- chock full of vibrant spinach leaves, thick 'n satisfying with an element of smokiness, Crustless Turkey, Spinach, Tomato & Gouda Quiche $6.95
- flakey, sticky, hint of lemon, Apple Cinnamon & Powdered Sugar Pastry $?.??
If you plan on paying this Parisian spot a visit too, you must know that they're closed on Sundays, and on Saturdays by 3pm (when their pastries are 50% off).
Bon Appetit indeed!
240 Newport Center Dr., Ste 100, Newport Beach, CA 92660. 949-706-0462.