It's official. I'm moving to The Hamptons. Because they're just as fabulous as you've heard. From the manicured mansions to the farmers market fresh produce, the pristine sandy beaches and the beautiful people, there's no better place I can think of to spend the rest of my life. (I'm accepting donations now, please.)
Two weeks ago, I vacationed 4 days in East Hampton's historic Huntting Inn, situated on one of the "Most Beautiful Main Streets in America", as named by National Geographic.
During my stay, the hand model, family, and I dined at Sag Harbor's modern Muse In the Harbor restaurant and our hotel's own, the classic, The Palm (@Bethenny Frankel, @SherylCrow, and The Real Housewives of Orange County @TamraBarney were there, all in one night).
Muse in The Harbor
- you'll want a spoon, nah forget it, just drink it, well balanced Prince Edward Island Mussels in Prossecco Butter Wine Sauce with Grilled Artichoke Hearts, Cured Tomatoes, Giganta Beans & Grilled Italian Bread $16
- beautiful presentation, but not my favorite 'cuz of its Tomato Bowl 'n thick creaminess, "In Da House" Salad with Baby Greens, Roma Tomato Balsamic Sour Dressing, Feathered Cucumbers & Crumbled Boursin Cheese $10
- best tasting & most unique Salad yet, could have done without the Crispy Cheese Bread Pudding unless it's all you order, Summer Apple Salad with Frissee Lettuce, Granny Smith Apples, Sunflower Seeds, Smoked Gouda!, Craisins, Crispy Smoked Salmon "Bacon" & Blood Orange Marmalade Caesar Dressing $14
- loved the sweet 'n spice of Blackened Chili Rub meets Candied Wasabi heat, "Tuna Menage A Trois"
1. Ahi Tuna Tartar atop Vegetable Tabouli spiked with Wonton Crouton (unfortunately soggy)
2. Blackened Tuna Lollypop topped with Candied Wasabi crust on Whipped Avocado
3. Hot Stone Seared Tuna Carpaccio with Seaweed Salad $18
- i'm not always a purist, but the Italian style was simply divine, "Not Ya Mama's Meatballs" $12
1. Asian Sweet & Sour Sauce with Seaweed Salad
2. Italian Pomodoro Sauce with Shaved Parmesan
3. Thanksgiving Cranberry & Caramelized Vidalia Onion Compote
4. Swedish with Cream, Allspice & Nutmeg
- the tender, sweet vinegary Pulled Pork little piggy had me singin' "wee wee wee" all the way home, "The Three Little Pigs" $26
1. Pulled Pork with Maple Spiked Mustard on a Charred Scallion Johnny Cake
2. XXXtra Thick Homemade Bacon served over Pimento & Cheddar Oatmeal
3, Terriyaki Braised Pork Belly on an Apple Onion Stir-fry
- the best Scallops i've ever had, i'm not even joking, super tender with great seared edges & no chalky taste, Pesto Seared GIANT Sea Scallops with Split Pea "Rissotto", Roasted Roma Tomato Basil Confit & Grilled Artichoke Hummus $37
- sweet, poppin' with fresh muddled Watermelon, Melon Mojito $16 (ask the always delightful Heather the bartender to make it for you!)
- sweet, succulent, with a Claw as big as my own palm, and they crack it for you complimentary, June 1st-Aug. 31st 4lb Nova Scotia "Lobster For 2 Special" with 2 Starters & 2 Sides $99
- not the table-side Anchovy Dressing you get off the regular menu, Classic Caesar Salad with Romaine & Croutons
- you can't beat a Bisque in teapot pour-to-order, Lobster Bisque with Fresh Lobster Meat, Cream & Sherry
- too thick for my blood, but i enjoyed the crispy Shallots, Asparagus Fritti with Lemon Garlic Butter
- again too thick-cut, lacking flavor and marinade, Assorted Wild Mushrooms
- sweet, creamy, a couple 'o bites and you might as well stick a fork in you, Creamed Spinach
- i dare you to attempt more than three bites of this gluttonous yet glorious dish, Three Cheese Potatoes Au Gratin
- i now have a new love & appreciation for Key Lime Pie with Graham Cracker Crust, Blueberry Compote, and Cinnamon Scented Whipped Cream $8.50
I know what you're thinking. How could I possible have more to say after this magnificent feast offering?
In short, go to Muse for unique interpretations & tastings of your favorite things.
Lastly, get your celebrity- and Lobster-fest on at The Palm.
P.S. After all the gorging, detox with a cup of fresh-pressed green juice, specifically "The Saturn", from The Juicy Naam.
Muse. 16 Main Street, Sag Harbor, NY 11963. 631-899-4810.
The Palm. 94 Main Street, East Hampton, NY 11937. 631-324-0411.