Yes, you heard right. 11 new restaurants will be opening in Laguna Beach within a year, according to Stu News Laguna, a Laguna Beach News & Community Forum. Who'd a thought this bohemian, art-centric beach town could turn into such a dining mecca.
Here's a list of a few noteworthy up-and-comers to look out for.
- Red Dragon: Mosun/Club M is FINALLY being replaced by a new Cantonese restaurant with chefs straight from Hong Kong. It's slated to open Spring 2016.
680 S. Coast Highway
- Reunion Kitchen + Drink: this new American Comfort Food-based spot opening this fall, is brought to you by the same owners as French 75, Nick's, and the now-closed Asada
610 N. Pacific Highway
- FormerRoyal Hawaiian: the former famous bar is planning to close escrow by a new owner mid June. Stay tuned for more details.
331 N. Coast Highway
- Sail Loft: this rooftop terrace brought to you by the same owner as Mozambique, will feature New Orleans cuisine & Southern BBQ. It's slated to open November/December.
422 S. Coast Highway
- Urth Cafe: this transplant from LA features Organic Coffee, Fine Teas, and dishes like Natural Beef Hash for breakfast, and Butternut Squash & Ricotta Pizza for lunch. It should open this July/August.
308 N. Coast Highway
For news on the remaining six restaurants to come, visit www.stunewslaguna.com/laguna-dining