Your Next Bite spent the holidays eating her way through the UK, from Liverpool to London plus a few road trips to Wales and Anglesey (where Will & Kate reside) in between. One town that really struck a chord was Chester – a charming ancient city built by the Romans, boasting of black & white timbered buildings.
Nestled in between the history, lies the elegant and modern Chester Grosvenor Hotel & Spa. Inside at The Arkle Bar & Lounge, the hand model, family & I got to enjoy a traditional English Afternoon Tea (25 British Pounds each) served on triple tiered silver platters and brimming with Scones, Sandwiches, and Sweets.
- silky Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Tea Sandwich
- tangy Roast Beef & Sour Cream Tea Sandwich
- traditional, refreshing Cucumber & Cream Cheese Tea Sandwich
- zesty, citrusy Macaroon
- minty Chocolate Sprinkle Eclair
- sinful Carrot Cheesecake Bite
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cake
- pillowy soft Scones with Clotted Cream, Butter & Strawberry Jam
- my favorite, Bergamot fragrant, Earl Grey Tea
If you ever make it to Chester, I highly recommend staying here for 2 days to take in all of the city and luxury of the hotel. The service is impeccable, the beds are incredible, and the town's pubs will surprise you from their stone architecture to their warmth & friendliness. (Check out YourNextPint.com tomorrow for details).