This Labor Day weekend I encourage you to try one of the newest restaurants to hit the Corona del Mar area of Orange County – that's if you're lucky enough to get a reservation.
Pirozzi is changing the way Italian is done in this quaint seaside town, serving modern, clean dishes senza that 'I just ate a bowl of pasta' feeling.
Brought to you by the same award-winning chef of Mare and Cafe Alessa, Chef Alessandro Pirozzi learned his way around the Naples kitchen from his grandmother, Nonna Ida.
The menu features Handmade Pasta & Gelato, Pizze straight from a wood-burning oven hand-crafted by artisans in Naples, fresh Seasonal Salads – even a 900 degree Baked Prime Beef.
And the space couldn't be smarter with both an open-air patio and dining room to enjoy a SoCal summer's breeze.
- almost too beautiful 'n too crunchy to eat, spicy, zesty 'n sweet, Rainbow of Organic Shaved Carrots Crudo Salad with Aged Gouda, Caramelized Pecans, Olio & Nuovo Dressing $10
- tender, herbal, stuffed, and marinated, Quaglia Speck wrapped Quail stuffed with Wild Boar Sausage over Wild Southern Mushrooms $19
- nutty brown buttery, meat is ground and melts in your mouth, Veal Ossobuco Ravioli with Braised Free-Range Veal Shank, Shallots and Garlic Sauteed Wild Mushrooms in Brown Butter crispy fried Sage Sauce $25
- clean clam juice 'n tomato sauce with tender not chewy seafood, Risotto Nonna Ida with imported Italian Carnaroli Rice, Clams, Calamari, Giant Prawns & Garlic White Wine San Marzano Sauce $20
- pasta is thick and al dente, meat sauce is mild 'n sweet, and mushrooms are a nice surprise, 50/50 homemade Fettucine Bolognese style with Free-Range Beef and homemade Kurobuta Pork Salsiccia, Wild Mushrooms & Shaved Pecorino $18
- addicting, I hogged it all to myself, lemony garlicky Foccacia Bread with Pesto Dip (Complimentary)
Between the friendly service, fresh 'n clean Italian food, and atmosphere, Pirozzi brings a new level of sophistication with a smile to Corona del Mar.
2929 East Coast Highway, Corona del Mar, CA 92625. 949-675-2932.