This year, Cali's weather has been all over the place. So to celebrate the recent cold front up north, Mammoth Mountain will be opening tomorrow, Thursday November 10, 2011.
If you're anything like my die hard season-pass-holder friend Chad, a few hours from now (3:00am) you'll be getting up, packing your gear*, and hitting the road to make sure you're the first one on the chair lift, come 8:30am.
Here's what to eat & drink when you get there. And don't forget about Mammoth's Annual Opening Day Champagne Toast on the Main Lodge Sundeck at 11:00am.
- Cheap midday meal on the mountain: body & soul-warming, tummy friendly, addictive Beef & Pinto Bean Chili with Jalapeno & Cheese Toppings at Broadway Marketplace Base Lodge ($7.95)
- Apres-ski suds: crisp, piney, and citrus Mammoth Paranoid Pale Ale (Mammoth Brewing Company, Mammoth Lakes, CA) 5.5% ABV
- Easy hotel dinner with elegant finds: Raw Squash Pasta, Sizzling Sashimi, Seared Fois Gras, and more at White Bark Restaurant, The Westin Monache ($7-31)
- Upscale dining with cozy cabin feel: Beef Wellington, fresh caught Trout, Trio of Mushrooms all at The Restaurant at Convict Lake ($9-27)
- quick stop farm fresh French food on the way home: soft 'n melty Croque Monsieur with Pepper-kissed Shoe String French Fries at Still Life Cafe, Independence ($11.95)
Shred the Gnar!
*P.S. If you need to load up on ski & snow gear this year, then don't miss the biggest sale of the season at the Ski Dazzle Ski Show & Snowboard Expo December 1st-4th, LA Convention Center.