This week's humid weather & gray skies got me hungry for some old-fashioned, east coast Lobster Rolls.
As a kid, I'd visit my mom's side of the family in Rhode Island every 'summa' and enjoy the fruits of the sea, from Fried Clams to Quahogs, and of course chunky buttery 'Lobstah' on a Toasted Split Roll.
Thankfully, over the past couple years, restaurants and food trucks all over the west coast have been paying tribute to this treasured seafood trove.
Here's a list of where to indulge in the great Lobster Roll, no matter which coast you reside in.
- bountiful in size, overflowing with Lobster, cool 'n creamy Chilled Maine Lobster Roll with Mayo on a New England Style Split Toasted Bun $12.75
Lobsta Truck LA/OC
- buttery, tender, sweet 'n succulent, I wish it was bigger Lobsta Roll with Lettuce & Butter instead of Mayo on Split Top Toasted Roll $11
Connie And Ted's West Hollywood, CA
- finally a REAL Rhode Island SPLIT toasted bun Lobster Roll with a ridiculous bounty of Buttery Lobster Chunks that were so tender, they fell apart in my mouth $20
Bluewater Grill Newport Beach, CA
- unfortunately tough, could use a little more seasoning, but super bountiful chunks with a nicely toasted bun Maine Lobster Roll with Fries $16.95
House of Big Fish & Ice Cold Beer Laguna Beach, CA
- perfect pillowy bun, a little too much dressing East Coast Style Lobster Rolls on Brioche with Shrimp & Celery (2 for $14)
Mansion Clam House Westport, Connecticut
- the plumpest, butteriest, juiciest, sweetest, tenderest Lobster you ever ate, tempts you to ditch the roll 'cuz it's so good on its own, but who could miss that rustic crusty goodness from my roots, Sauteed Lobster Roll in Butter & White Wine on a Portuguese Roll $22
Flo's Clamshack Middletown, Rhode Island
- fresh 'n crunchy "Lobsta" Roll $14.95
The Grill of 41 Degrees North Hotel Newport, Rhode Island
simple Lobster Sliders on Silver Dollar Brioche Buns $19
Brant Pointe Grill of White Elephant Hotel Nantucket, Massachusetts
- mega outta control, super chunky 'n plump, sweet 'n tender Lobster with Rocket & Preserved Lemon Chervil Mayo on a hardy, crusty Roll ($18)
This bite's for you mom!