Gone are the days of tradition and white linen tablecloths, since 1989 at Scott's Restaurant & Bar. Now, there's a hot new outdoor bar scene and fresh seafood spot, just outside South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa.
Water Grill has a lot to offer from an open-air patio to a Raw Oyster Bar, the largest Crabs you ever did see, and fresh Seafood from around the world.
If you're looking for a last minute Valentine's Day dinner date, or night out with friends, then this is the place to be – just don't expect to hear what each other is saying, 'cuz it gets loud.
Instead of what's coming out of your mouth, focus on what's going in, like Wild Chilean Sea Bass with Cauliflower Puree.
- can't go wrong, served piping hot, Seafood Fritters with Crab, Shrimp, Atlantic Cod, Romesco Sauce, Slivered Almonds & Pickled Peppers $16
- good crisp with refreshing sauce, Jumbo Lump Blue Crab Cake with Celery Root Remoulade $16
- dichotomy of tender sweet onion meets bitter rustic, Wild Eastern Sea Scallops with Grilled Red Treviso, Brussels Sprouts & Genovese Sauce $36
- toasty, buttery, chunky, New England Lobster Roll with Mayonnaise & Pickles $28
- creamy 'n crunchy, Creamy Coleslaw $6
- velvety, buttery, melts in your mouth, Wild Ross Sea Chilean Sea Bass with Cauliflower Puree, Lemon Chutney, Hazelnuts & Brown Butter $45
- firm and not overly dressed, Braised Kale with Greek Yogurt & Hazelnuts $7
- warm sourdough, Bread & Butter (complimentary)
Must orders are the delicate Crab Cake with cooling Celery Remoulade and the melt-in-your-mouth Sea Bass.
The good news is, one tradition this location kept from Scott's, is that you can dine and leave your car parked here if you're seeing a show at Segerstrom.
Happy Valentine's Day & Bon Appetit!
3300 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. 949-208-7060.