This heat wave in October has still got me thinking of Summer...and Seafood. And, there's no better place to enjoy a taste of both, than by the beach at Ways & Means Oyster House in Pacific City, Huntington Beach.
The restaurant has that East Coast, New England feel with white wooden board paneling, Nantucket red Adirondack style chairs, cool blues, and glass ball light fixtures.
The menu is comprised of three main sections: "Dressed Oysters", "Oysters", and "Not Oysters" (gotta love a place with a sense of humor).
Here's what to order from two of the three sections.
- if garlic bread and rockefeller had a spinach-free baby...Nola Dressed Oysters with Garlic, Butter, Parmesan, Parsley & Breadcrumbs $10
- smokey 'n garlicky, Moroccan Smoked Salmon Rillettes with fresh and smoked fish, creamy Garlic Sauce, Roasted & Crispy Garlic on Baked Lavash $6
- tender, crisp 'n more filling than you'd think, Jumbo Lump Maryland Crab Cake with Life-altering Aioli $16
- seaweed salad gives it an umami twist, Ahi Poke with Fresh Tuna, Avocado, Sesame, Wakame Salad & Crispy Wontons $12
- rich 'n creamy with a touch of sin, Mac and Cheese Gratin with Sweet and Spicy Bacon & Herbed Breadcrumbs $6
If you can, grab a table on the patio to catch some ocean views. But, indoors is just as vibrant as lunchtime in the Hamptons.
21022 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA 92648. 714-960-4300.