Photo courtesy of facebook.com/thequietwoman
The Quiet Woman Restaurant & Bar is one of the longest standing establishments in Corona del Mar.
Since 1965, they've been serving classic Steak & Seafood dishes – even a lazy susan style Salad with all the fixins for the whole table to share. It's one of the few remaining restaurants where you actually get a lotta bang for your buck in OC. Entrees come with two sides, and there's complimentary Garlic Bread with refills.
All sorts of crowds flock to the "Headless Woman", from young hipsters cocktailing at the bar's nearly impossible to maneuver tables, to cougars & manthers rockin' out to the live band on the intimate dance floor.
They even have Taco Tuesday and late night bar snacks.
- fun for the whole table to share, Signature Quiet Woman Lazy Susan Salad with Raw Mushroom Slices, Bean Sprouts, Garbanzo & Kidney Beans, Julienne Carrots, real Bacon Bits & homemade Sourdough & Pumpernickel Croutons $10
- creamy perfection, Clam Chowder with chopped Clams, Red & Green Peppers, Onion, Celery, and diced Potato $8
- thick 'n dry on the outside, tender towards the center, simply dressed, but Mashed Potatoes stole the show, Halibut Special with Butter Lemon Sauce, Rustic Mashed Potatoes & Brussel Sprouts
- sweet 'n savory classic comfort food, falls apart with the touch of your fork, Slow Roasted Short Rib with Mashed Potatoes, Yams & Red Wine 'n Mushroom Gravy $30
- hint of garlic and parmesan, served warm, Garlic Bread (complimentary)
Overall, the menu is rather quiet, but the Short Rib is definitely worth a shout out.
Ironically, the Quiet Woman is quite possibly the loudest restaurant & bar on the Corona del Mar strip (now that Landmark is gone), so be prepared with a reservation, or to wait for the bouncer to let you in.
3224 Pacific Coast Highway, Corona Del Mar, CA 92625. 949-640-7440.