Try saying that three times fast. It's hard to believe it's been a whole year since I've moved down from LA to OC – and it didn't take me long to find my favorite sushi spot. (Ironically, it's like pulling teeth trying to scout out the best authentic Mexican restaurant.) But, 930 Sushi on PCH in Newport Beach definitely takes the (Adzuki Bean) Cake.
Not only do they serve the most satisfying Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice (there's an amazing Albacore version, too) AND the best blended Seaweed Salad (without all those scary tentacle and branch-like bits), but they also sell them for 50% off on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5-7pm.
Another added bonus is the fact that their chefs are always welcoming, and they have a full bar.
- more than generous portion, like a crunchy hash brown with warm center, then topped with mouth-on-fire Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice with Jalapeno Slice and Sesame Seeds ($3.96 special price)
- slightly sweet, lemon gingery, uniform strands without the squish, Seaweed Salad with Sesame Seeds and Lemon Wedge ($2.25 special price)
- mesquite flavor, Tuna Tataki with spicy Ginger & Sriracha Sauce and Radish to cut the heat ($5.46 special price)
- super fresh, clean 'n delicate, Salmon Sushi ($4.95 for 2-piece, but 50% off on Mondays!)
- my favorite, silky buttery smooth, smoky flavor, Seared Ono with Jalapeno Slice, Sriracha dollop & Ponzu Sauce ($10.50 regular price)
- i'm convinced this roll was made for The Real Housewives of Orange County, Special 930 Roll with a refreshing Cucumber Wrap (instead of rice to watch the carbs), real & fake Crab, Spicy Tuna, Shrimp, Albacore, Avocado & Sesame Seeds ($13 regular price)
There, I said it – my favorite OC sushi place on the best nights to go to get my favorite things.
Just make sure to save me a seat at the sushi bar.
930 West Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA 92663. 949-645-6500.