Last year the hand model surprised me with a hefty demand I will forever be grateful for. He knew it was our last Thanksgiving living in LA, so he nixed the usual family trip and decided to cook our first Thanksgiving dinner at home by ourselves.
Our menu for two – even though we had leftovers for days – consisted of new recipes from Bon Appetit and traditional recipes passed down from my family.
The Grubdown: (clockwise from bottom right)
- i always gotta start the meal right with my own healthy recipe for a tangy n crisp, Pomegranate Seed, Fennel & Kale Salad
- simple salt 'n pepper, buttery and fluffy, mom's Mashed Potatoes
- while I love mushrooms, it was a bit much, seems more like a fit for a vegetarian or vegan style meal, Mixed-Mushroom & Tarragon Gravy- i love anything creamed but this recipe called for so much it killed it, i'd almost cut the portion in half next time, Creamed Collared Greens with Thick-Cut Smoked Bacon
- classic, lemon zest sings, Turkey with Lemon-Sage Butter (we adjusted measurements for an 8lb Turkey)
- my mom's famous, savory 'n spicy, Italian Sausage Stuffing (if I told you what was in it she'd make me kill you)
After all was said and eaten, the meal was a great success. Not to mention, our 1 bedroom apartment smelled like Thanksgiving for about 2 weeks.
Bon Appetit & Happy Thanksgiving!