Photos courtesy of TheLittleDoor.com
Love is in the French fare at one of LA's most romantic restaurants, The Little Door. (Lots of marriage proposals have gone down here, so boys, if it's too early to dish out the diamond, I suggest you be armed with backup roses & chocolate instead.)
From the Mediterranean patio bar to the French country-home dining rooms, indulge your palate and your senses with a meal to remember, starting Friday Feb. 11th ($125 pp) thru Monday Feb. 14th ($150 pp includes Champagne).
4-course set menu. Call 323-951-1210 for reservations. 8164 W. 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90048.
First Course Choices:
- Lobster Bisque with Lobster Spanikopita & Creme Fraiche
- Baby Lettuce, Avocado, and Valencia Orange Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette & Candied Almonds
Second Course Choices:
- Duck Confit Raviolis with Port Wine, Sauteed Pea Shoots & Green Peppercorn Sauce
- Seared Sea Scallop with Tomato Pernod Sauce with Parnsip Puree and Toasted Pinenuts
Third Course Choices:
- Grilled Filet Mignon with Fingerling Souffle, Baby Broccoli, Marsala Wine & Roasted Shallot Sauce
- Herb Roasted Organic Chicken Breast with Black Truffle Risotto, Sugar Snap Peas & Au Jus
- Dungeness Crab Meat Stuffed Loup de Mer with Baby Artichoke Barigoule & Saffron Sauce
- Torn Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash & Baby Broccoli with Black Truffle Sauce
- Chef's Valentine Selection with Coffee or Moroccan Mint Tea
And if The Little Door is too rich for your bud, check out its neighbor, The Little Next Door with my review appropriately linked.
(P.S. A simple picnic of their Ham & Gruyere Croissants, fabulous multi-flavored Macaroons, and a bottle of Bubbly could always do for an "I Love You."