If you've indulged all year long (like me), or just plain don't like turkey, then switch things up with a Vegan Thanksgiving at Native Foods Cafe.
Founded in Palm Springs circa 1994, Native Foods is known for their Zagat-rated "chef-crafted" Vegan cuisine that's actually carnivore-friendly. (Just try the Twister Wrap – you won't be disappointed.)
This year they're serving their 18th annual "Native Wellington" (the faux meat is Seitan and it's chock full of savory veggies and stuffing). Eat it in-cafe (yes Native Foods is open Thanksgiving Day with 3 locations across SoCal) or take it home and bake it for 2 hours in the oven.
- Native Wellington with Seitan, Stuffing, Orange-Glazed Sweet Potatoes, Kale & Herbed Mushrooms all wrapped in a Puff Pastry and served with 16 oz. Mushroom Shallot Gravy $39.95 (serves 6-8)
- Organic Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Cheesecake $19.95 (serves 6-8)
Buffet Style Thanksgiving Day Menu:
- Native Wellington & Mushroom Gravy
- Mashed Potatoes
- Native Stuffing
- Cranberry Compote
- Green Bean Casserole
- Green Bean Salad with Maple Glazed Pecans & Pomegranate Pearls
- Polenta Butternut Squash Terrine
- Wheatberry Waldorf
- Cornbread with butter
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Organic Pumpkin Pike
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
All for $24.95 per adult/$14.95 per child under 12
Reservations are a must, so check the times at your nearest location below and phone away!
Costa Mesa 11:30 am - 6:30 pm 714-751-2151
Tustin 11:30 am - 6 pm 714-259-0400
Westwood 11:30am - 7 pm 310-209-1055