Photo courtesy of www.dinenb.com
It's that time of year again for Newport Beach Restaurant Week in OC.
Starting this Monday, January 18th through Sunday, January 31st, you can enjoy 3 and 4-course prix-fixe meals for Lunch or Dinner at great prices, ranging from $10 to $50 per person.
Here are 10 of my favorite dishes to try from the 2016 restaurant roster.
- hearty, tomatoey Pennoni al Ragu with Traditional Meat Ragu and Dry-Aged Ricotta Cheese
- this appetizer is a meal in itself, fluffy, tangy 'n sweet, Creamy Mascarpone Polenta Board with Chef's Whim Ragu (mine was Lamb)
- clean, thick 'n juicy, the bacon 'n cheese add-ons really make it, The Classic Burger with Angus Beef, Red Leaf Lettuce, White Onion, Ripe Beefsteak Tomato & Sassy Sauce (Horseradish, Ketchup & Mustard)
- melt in your mouth, pesto that's heavy-in-a-good-way, Mozza Caprese with sweet Roasted Tomatoes
- excellent array of Leeks, spicy 'n caramelized flavor with spongey yet crispy crust, Coach Farm Goat Cheese, Leek, Scallion, Garlic & Bacon Pizza
- light 'n crisp with perfect balance of fresh veg, Ultimate Taco with Cabbage, Avocado Puree, Pickled Onion, Saffron & Radish on Corn Tortilla
- light 'n refreshing, is simply delicious, Tuscan Kale with Lemon, Parmesan & Bread Crumbs
- sweet 'n tender, could've eaten a whole bowl of the creamy risotto with a spicy kick, reduction is better suited for steak, Jumbo Maine Scallops and Wild White Shrimp with Saffron Roasted Red Pepper Edamame Bean Risotto & Crispy Proscuitto
- meat has medium thickness, couscous is clean 'n spongey, Slow Braised Angus Beef Shortrib with Zinfandel Reduction, Carrot infused Pearl CousCous & Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus
Don't forget to post where @yournextbite of Newport Beach Restaurant Week will be at https://www.instagram.com/yournextbite/